The Play's The Thing 2019
A2CT's Festival of New Plays!
Come see 10-minute, one-act, and full-length shows written by local playwrights! Each performance will feature different works, to be announced after the selection process.
This season's festival kicks off with two workshops geared toward those interested in submitting:
- December 1: 10-Minute Play Workshop with Catherine Zudak
- December 8: One-Act & Full-Length Play Revision Workshop with Brian Cox
Find more info and register for workshops HERE!
The 2019 Festival will be held in the A2CT Studio, February 22-24. Performances will be 8 PM on Friday and Saturday, 2 PM on Sunday. For submission guidelines, please see below.
The Play’s the Thing Draft Submission Guidelines
Submissions of 10-minute, one-act and full-length plays are being accepted between December 14, 2018 and January 21, 2019 for Ann Arbor Civic Theatre’s new play festival, The Play’s the Thing. The festival runs Friday, February 22 and Saturday, February 23 at 8pm, and Sunday, February 24 at 2pm. Each play selected for the festival will be presented as a concert reading with actors and directors provided by A2CT. Playwrights are required to attend the reading of their play and participate in a talkback with the audience after the performance. The goal of the festival is to support new and emerging playwrights, engage audiences and encourage the
production of new plays regionally.
Submission guidelines are listed below. If you have any questions or concerns about the guidelines, please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least three days before the submission deadline.
1. Submit electronic copies of a .docx or pdf to email@example.com
2. Include the title of your play on each page, but only include your name on the title page.
3. Use standard play formatting with one inch margins all around, 12 pt. font, centered character names, etc.
3. 10-minute play submissions must have a running time of 10 minutes or less.
4. One-act plays may run from 10 minutes to 50 minutes.
5. Full-lengths may run from 50 to 120 minutes.
6. Each playwright may submit up to three (3) pieces of work.
7. Submissions must be new in that they have never received a full production. Previous readings and festivals are fine.